8 Ingredients That Complement A Seafood Meal
Seafood is an exquisite, delicate and refined form of meat that is difficult to cook but is the most satisfying to devour. Cooking seafood is a challenge for everyone. It is important to remember that seafood has beautiful natural flavours that are subtle and mild but very enjoyable. Cooking seafood is challenging because most often the spices overpower the taste and texture of the seafood and the charm of it is lost. Seafood is best cooked when fresh. Unlike meat and chicken, staleseafood is easy to detect and a meat lover can easily differentiate between frozen and stored seafood. Be it shellfishes or the gorgeous fillet of salmon that you are cooking for the most romantic dinner dates, there are some ingredients that might do wonders when cooking any seafood:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice helps enhance the natural acidity of fish meat. It also provides the tanginess that helps elevate the flavours to the dish. Marinate your fillet or fish with lemon juice or grass for a nice fragrance.
- Pasta: Shrimps complement pasta beautifully. Easy and time efficient, this dish is clean, sophisticated and impressive. Season the pasta well and your dish will be a hit.
- Mayonnaise-based Salad: If you have leftover fish meat that can be used, a mayonnaise based salad with some avocado or artichokes are healthy and delicious.
- Fresh dill: Dill is popularly used in a large number of seafood dishes. Be it a baked fish or a grilled fillet, chopped fresh dill is excellent seasoning for lightly seasoned and flavoured seafood.
- Mustard: Mustard is a common ingredient in seafood meals in many Indian cuisines. Mustard is rich and warm. It is generally cooked with the fish in gravy and is spicy. Steamed rice goes excellently with this preparation.
- Maple Syrup: A lesser known combination is maple syrup with vinegar and orange juice to create the juiciest grilled and glazed salmon. This preparation requires a longer marinating than cooking. But it is worth the entire wait.
- Sun-dried Tomato: Sun-dried tomatoes are very flavourful with spicy and hot preparation of seafood like lobsters, prawns and shrimps. They are available in supermarkets easily and are convenient to store. Use the sun-dried tomatoes judiciously so that it does not steal the limelight from the seafood itself.
- Olive Oil: A French technique called olive oil poaching lets you cook the fish very slowly after a warm olive oil bath. The final dish is tender, silky in texture and incredible to taste.
In order to avail fresh, tender and clean seafood, visit Licious. Licious is an online meat shop that offers hassle-free home deliveries so that you can enjoy a perfect meal anytime. Licious offers raw meat online so you can take your time to choose perfect cuts of meat and the best seafood they have to offer. Amongst the first to start meat order online, Licious promises quality. Order meat from Licious from the comforts of your home and prepare a perfect meal for your friends and loved ones.