End Last Weekend Of March In Delhi With A Bang!
Delhi is the national capital of India. It is the seat of the central powers of the executive, judicial and legislative branches of the government of India. Besides, it has the headquarters of many cultural and historical organizations.
As such, Delhi is the centre of both public as well as private events. Here is a sample of events to be held in Delhi in the last weekend of March 2015:
- 29th Indian Carpet Expo of 2015: Starting at 9.00 am on March 27th. Created by Ankush Design Gallery in New Delhi.
- India Carpet Expo 2015: To be held at Pragati Maidan from 10.30 am on March 27th, Friday.
Created by Ajaz carpets.
- The Prime Ministerial Race: To be held at Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT), New Delhi, starting from 11 am, 27th It is part of the debating and literary festival of the NSIT. Participants will form teams of 3 representing their own political party complete with their manifesto and election speech. The 3 team members are the candidates for Prime Minister , deputy prime minister and campaign advisor. They will be subject to cross-examination by opponents. The team that wins the election will take home a sum of Rs 10k. The competition will test your eloquence and nature of your ideas as well as how you market these ideas.
- Gladiator: to be held on March 28, at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT). In a quick battle of wits and intellectual fights, the contest Gladiator tests your ability for elocution, quick thinking and ability to perform on your own. Matchups will be announced from original pool of participants and knock-outs will take place. With 15 minutes to prepare, participants will get 10 minutes to speak.
- Just Football Co. Weekend Cup: to start from 9.00 am on March 28. Participants must be 13 to 15 years. Venue is DDA sports complex, Vasant Kunj. Number of players per team is nine and number of teams is 16. It has a group stage followed by a knockout stage. Each team must register by paying Rs. 2,700 (cannot be refunded). First Prize is Rs 9000 and second- Rs 4500.
- Young Uttarakhand Cine Awards 2015: The 6the version of this music and movie award will be held at Siri Fort Auditorium at 3.00 pm on March 28. Entrée is free but will be available only for pass holders.
- East-West Festival: At 6.00 pm on Saturday, March 28, it will be held at NIV Art Centre, Saket. Performance is by 1) Group show , 2) Enora Lalet 3) Deepak Kurki Shivswami.
Group includes artists like Ajay Sharma ( India), Enora Lalet (France), Dirk Baumanns (Germany)
Ema Kawanago (Japan),Monkey bird (France), Midhun Gopi (India )Narae Jin ( South Korea) and others.
- Glow and Run: The first ever Glow and Run event in India at 6.30 pm on March 28. It consists of a 5 km run starting from India Gate and ending at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium with a dance and music night with wonderful bands. The event is dedicated to the poor in India especially to combat farmer’s suicides.
- Beginner Bollywood: A holistic dance class that trains you not only in choreography but also rhythm, grace and posture. From 12.30 pm at Dance end, Panchsheel Park, New Delhi.
These are some of the daily events in Delhi slated to be held in the last weekend of March.
Author’s Bio: He is a freelance travel writer. He has travelled extensively in India and covered many events in several Indian cities. He is fond of Delhi and keeps tabs on the various events held here. He contributes articles on the same to the website eventshigh.