Snorkelling: Underwater Adventure in Goa
If you know how to swim, then you can have an excellent experience exploring the world underwater by going snorkelling. Snorkelling in Goa is great fun for everyone, and age is not a barrier. What is snorkelling though? It is an activity where you swim at the surface of the water using a mask and a snorkel. It allows you to swim under the water and bask in the beauty that the ocean has to offer. You can swim like this for a long time because there is a breathing tube in the snorkel that lets the swimmer breath easily while under the water.
How to Use a Snorkel
In order to use a snorkel properly, you must wear the mask that is meant for the eyes in the same way that you would wear goggles. You need to make sure that the breathing tube in the snorkel goes close to the left ear, from above it, and then you should place the mouthpiece inside your mouth. You should bite the mouthpiece and then dip your head into the water until it is completely submerged. Follow this by breathing out with some pressure. This is done to ensure that there is no water left behind in the snorkel tube, and is called purging.
It is important to swim carefully and cautiously when using a snorkel. This is due to the fact that if you make any quick and sharp motions, the breathing tube can fill up with water. Every snorkel has a valve next to the mouthpiece; this valve helps get rid of all water and stops the water from entering from below. However, it is important to remember that water can still enter from the top, so the breathing tube must always be above the level of the water.
Benefits of Snorkelling
Snorkelling has many advantages and benefits.
- It is very easy to learn and doesn’t need a lot of training.
- It doesn’t have a lot of equipment, so it’s easy to swim around.
- It is excellent for kids due to no restriction on the age limit.
- While you have a limit as to how deep you can go while snorkelling, you can get to see amazing sights under the water in Goa.
- You can see shallow coral reefs, fish, sea creatures, plants and various other living things. It is a very beautiful experience.
- You can even go snorkelling at night in many places. It lets you see what marine life looks like at night, under the light of a torch. You can see creatures such as shrimp, lobsters, and eels, which tend to come out usually at night.
Goa is the ideal place to have an underwater adventure. Aside from snorkelling, you can also go diving in Goa. It is truly one of the most magical places anyone can ever visit, especially if you are someone who loves adventure and underwater activities. Atlantis Watersports is the best place to experience the joy of these underwater adventures in Goa.